Thursday 21 July 2022

Newcastle-upon-Tyne: Fragments of the Past, Vol.2

 


Well, it took a while, but here it is at last: volume 2 of my Newcastle-upon-Tyne: Fragments of the Past series. Hoorah! Another 200-page's worth of short articles on the history of my hometown - and a pleasure to research, write and put together. Well, I say that, but the process of proofreading over and over again, correcting, sending for 'proof copies' from Amazon, then starting the checking process again ... well, it takes some doing, I can tell you. Hopefully, it has all been worthwhile and you will enjoy the read. Click on the image in the left-hand column for more info + purchase options.

And remember: all profits are donated to the Great North Children's Hospital. I have kept the price of the book as low as possible, with the profit margin being about £1 per sale - so I hope you feel able to buy a copy. And maybe even pass the word on ... and perhaps leave a nice Amazon review to help the sales on their way. Thank you so much if you can do either - it is most appreciated.

Producing books via Amazon Kindle Direct Publishing (Amazon KDP, as it's called) is a pretty neat way of getting yourself into print - in a 'self-publishing' sort of way, anyway. I don't even contemplate using traditional publishing houses now, as it's too much hassle hawking your manuscripts around (and usually without success!). If anyone out there wants a little guidance through the Amazon system, then I will be happy to oblige. I can be contacted at micksouthwick @ blueyonder.co.uk (without the gaps).

Onto the next project, now, then. Back in 2009 I wrote a book on a chap called Cuthbert Ottaway, England's first football captain. Since then, a lot more info has come to light - especially following the (successful) campaign in 2013 to give the man a decent memorial in Paddington Old Cemetery, London. The 1st edition was published by Tony Brown Publishing, but I am going to release the 2nd edition via Amazon KDP. Hopefully, it'll be ready in time for the 150th anniversary of the world's first football international (Scotland v England 30th Nov 1872).

Better get cracking ⚽

No comments:

Post a Comment