Thursday 18 August 2022

Newcastle Stuff

Just a quick one this week. Or rather two.

Firstly, I came across a Newcastle history website/blog the other day which I'd not seen before. It's called 'NewcastleStuff' and can be found here. There's not a lot of blurb on the site to indicate who's running it or for how long they've been doing so, but most of the articles are from the past year or so and there's every hope that more will follow in due course. 

Like my blog, there's not a lot up there so far, but it may be worth keeping an eye on. As we all know, the internet is not exactly overflowing with Newcastle-related websites, so whoever you are ... do try to keep it going!

BTW, if anyone out there is aware of any other similar corners of the web, do let me know. I'd really like to gather together as many links to the city's history as possible.

--O--

The second thing I'd like to mention is, well, it's an invitation, really. Thing is, I'd be happy to publish any articles, long or short, relating to the history of Newcastle on this blog; so if you have anything you'd like to air, then let me know. I cannot offer you any payment for the same, but am happy to help you publicise any book or project you are working on. It may even be an excerpt from something you already have on the market and want to drum up a few more sales. Or it may be that you are just looking for an outlet for your hobby!

Anyway, let me know if you're up for it.

Email me at micksouthwick @ blueyonder.co.uk (without the gaps, obviously).



No comments:

Post a Comment