Saturday 16 September 2023

Appeal for Articles, Recommendations, etc.!

I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but it occurs to me that this blog should really be a writing outlet not only for myself, but for ANYONE who has a passion about the history of Newcastle and/or the North-East. So do you fancy helping me out in this respect?

It seems to me that there may be a few of you out there who would like to pen a guest post for me along the lines of, say...
  • An article on the history of Newcastle or the North-East of England. Something that has not been covered before on the blog, of course; and perhaps around the 500-word mark (but longer or shorter is fine, too);
  • A plug for a local history book you may have written;
  • A review of a local history book you have read, or can recommend;
  • Any other recommendations, such as useful websites, articles, links, etc.;
  • Publicity for a forthcoming talk you may are giving, or may know about (and that it relevant to the history of the region);
  • Publicity for your local history society, and/or their forthcoming activities;
  • Are there any upcoming or current projects that you know of that may be of interest to my readers?;
  • Perhaps you need to put out an appeal for information on some topic?
  • Do you have an 'opinion piece' that you think deserves an airing?

I cannot offer any payment for material that appears on the blog, only a little bit of publicity. But please don't be shy - my own articles, as you can see, are very informal and not at all academic.

If you think you can contribute in some small way then contact me at micksouthwick @ blueyonder.co.uk (without the gaps), and we'll try to sort something out.

I look forward to hearing from you!

No comments:

Post a Comment