Friday 6 October 2023

Newcastle's Oldest Church?


I called in at St.Andrew's Church in Newcastle the other day. I will not bore you with all of my poorly-taken photos and the various historical bits and bobs I picked up (another time, maybe), but thought you'd like a short piece about the church's claim to be the city's oldest. For starters I can do little better than point you to this little information board:

(click on image to enlarge)

Then I came across a little more 'back-up' evidence in the form of this (again, sorry for the picture quality):


By way of explanation...


Make of 'dowsing evidence' what you will. However, I've got a little bit of experience of this sort of thing myself, and personally know a dowsing enthusiast who provides some very convincing evidence/arguments. So I, for one, am quite sympathetic to the claims/theory.

Could always get the archaeologists in, of course....


No comments:

Post a Comment