Monday, 31 August 2026

The New(-ish) 'Newcastle History' Website...

... And a bit of a mystery it is, too.

Just before the Bank Holiday is out, I thought I'd flag up a fairly new website that I fell upon recently devoted to the history of my hometown. 'Newcastle History' is the name of this interesting little corner of the internet, and I urge you all to have a browse.

If the truth be told, I'm not sure what to make of it. The few articles I've read seem to be pretty good, but it is difficult to pin down who has written them. The name 'E.Hartley' pops up a lot, and a certain 'Craig Cottrell' seems to be involved, too. I've not heard of either of them (which is unusual for such a limited field of expertise), but the website is rather good.

I will not overly opine on the, frankly, surprising find, as I haven't explored it in full. Perhaps I shall leave that to my readers. The dates attached to the articles range from late 2025 to July 2026, then promptly stop. Strange, but I think it worthy of a mention, as there ain't a great deal out there when it comes to dedicated websites and blogs on Newcastle's history!

Anyway, see what you make of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment